Douglas DC-3 - Volume 2 (Civil and Military)
This U. S. Navy Skytrain carried the designation Douglas R4D-6R, which meant it was equipped with a passenger interior. This aircraft is BuNo 50763, and was assigned to NAS Anacostia, circa 1950. Photo: USN
An active duty Canadian Armed Forces Dakota, seen at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska - August 1978. Photo: A.A.S.
This rather derilict Douglas DC-3 - N238GB - is seen at Norman Manley Airport, Kingston, Jamaica - January 2003. Rumor has it that this Doug' was a D Day veteran. Photo: A.A.S.
A Douglas DC-3 (C-53) - TI-LRE - operated by Cayman Air Lines - probably at Montego Bay, circa 1972. Photo: InterAir
Out to pasture, a former Eastern Express Douglas DC-3 - N139PB - in storage at Tamiami, Florida, May 1991. Photo: A.A.S.
BEFORE - A Mexican registered Douglas DC-3 - XB-DYP - seen on the ramp at Laredo, Texas in October 1988. Photo: A.A.S.
Preserved Belgian Air Force Douglas C-47B - OT-CWG - at the Brussels Air Museum - 2010. Photo: A.A.S.
A USAF Douglas AC-47D - 43-49499 - assigned to the 4th Special Operations Squadron, Nha Trang Air Base, South Vietnam. Photo: USAF
U.S. Army Airborne School students climb aboard a waiting Douglas C-47 of the 75th Troop Carrier Squadron - A.C.-Lawson Field, Ft. Benning, Georgia. August 1946. Photo; USAF
Douglas C-47 Skytrains of the 12th Air Force Troop Carrier Wing, loaded with paratroopers for the invasion of southern France, 15 August 1944. Photo: USAF
Originally a C-47B-10-DK - S/N 4349259 - this Doug' was seen in 2003, at Opa Locka, FL. Photo: A.A.S.
Now in the collection at the Chanute Aerospace Museum, IL - C-47B-15-DK - S/N 43-49336. Photo: A.A.S.
A fine restoration - a C-53-DO - S/N 41-20124 - still flying with the Prairie Air Museum. Photo: A.A.S.
A formation of five No. 34 Squadron C-47 Dakotas - A65-52 is closest to camera, circa 1944. Photo RAAF via the Royal Australian Air Force Association
A A65 Douglas Dakota taxis to the runway in preparation for take off for it's display flight at the Australian International Airshow 2009 at Avalon. The Australian Defence Force (ADF) is a major contributor to the Australian International Air Show 2009 at Avalon, Australia's largest and most comprehensive air show and aerospace exhibition. Photo: RAAF Photo Training Flight - SAW by ABPH James Whittle
Air to Air Imagery taken over Adelaide and RAAF Base Edinburgh - a Catalina and Dakota fly as part of the 70th Anniversary celebrations of Nos.10 and 11 Squadrons. Royal Australian Air Force by LAC Leigh Cameron
South Vietnamese Air Force (VNAF) C-47 Skytrain of the 33rd Tactical Wing at Tan Son Nhut Air Base before a night flare drop mission in January 1967. Photo: USAF
A former Navy bird, this VC-47H is now assigned to the U.S. Army Aviation Test Activity - circa 1964.
U.S. Air Force personnel assigned to the 119th Fighter Wing "Happy Hooligans", North Dakota Air National Guard, pose for a photo with North Dakota Governor William Guy in 1968. Photo: USAF
A Canadian Forces C-47 Dakota aircraft taxis out on a cold morning. The Dakota is used for training missions as part of a program in which US military personnel assigned to Canada exchange areas of expertise with their Canadian counterparts - 1990. Photo: USAF/DOD by CMSGT Don Sutherland
A Douglas AC-47D Spooky gunship - Serial Number 45-00927 - assigned to the 1st Air Commando Squadron. Photo: U.S. Air Force
List of Galleries
- (1) Around the Ramp - Around the World. Volume One (All Images: A.A.S.)
- (2) Around the Ramp - Around the World. Volume Two (All Images: A.A.S.)
- Boeing 707 (and 720)
- British Odd and Ends
- Convair - Convairliners (Civil and Military) - Volume 1
- Convair - Convairliners (Civil and Military) - Volume 2
- Dassault Mirage - La Galerie de Mirage
- Douglas DC-3 - Volume 1 (USN and USMC)
- Douglas DC-3 - Volume 2 (Civil and Military)
- Douglas DC-3 - Volume 3 (Civil)
- Douglas DC-8 - Volume 1
- Grumman Amphibians
- Jetstream (Including Handley Page HP.137 and BAe J31 series)
- Lockheed L188 Electra
- Lockheed P-2 (P2V) Neptune
- McDonnell F-4 Phantom II (USAF)
- McDonnell F-4 Phantom II (USMC)
- McDonnell F-4 Phantom II (USN)
- North American A3J Vigilante (A-5, RA-5) (Unless noted otherwise - All Photos: NMNA)
- North American FJ Fury - Volume 1
- North American FJ Fury - Volume 2
- North American FJ Fury - Volume 3
- North American T-28 Trojan (USN and USMC plus US Army) Volume 1
- North American T-28 Trojan (USN and USMC plus US Army) Volume 2
- Royal Air Force (United Kingdom)
- Royal Navy (United Kingdom)
- Sikorsky H-3 Sea King (USN - HSS-2, SH-3, VH-3, UH-3)
- Sikorsky Sea King (Various non-USN military operators)
- United States Aircraft Carriers - The Early Vessels - CV-1 through CV-8 (All Photos: NMNA)
- United States Aircraft Carriers - The Essex-Class - CV-9 through CV-20 (All Photos: NMNA)
- United States Coast Guard - Fixed Wing (Unless noted otherwise - All Photos: NMNA)
- United States Coast Guard - Helicopters (Unless noted otherwise - All Photos: NMNA)
- Vandy One - The Black Birds of VX-4. (Unless noted - All Photos are U.S. Navy)
- Vought F4U Corsair
- Vought F4U Corsair - U.S. Marine Corps Color Korean War Images
- Vought F7U Cutlass - Volume 1
- Vought F7U Cutlass - Volume 2
- Vought F8U (F-8) Crusader - When You're Out of F-8s, You're Out of Fighters